Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentils with chorizo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentils with chorizo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentils with chorizo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Make smart choices when grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and have something great. Your home should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentils with chorizo recipe. You can have lentils with chorizo using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentils with chorizo:
- Provide 750 g of pardina lentils (small ones).
- Use 1 of large spring onion.
- Provide 1 of leek.
- Take 3 of carrots.
- Provide 1 of garlic clove.
- Use 1 piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of aji rojo (or half chopped red chilli).
- You need 1 tsp of pimentón dulce (paprika).
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1-2 of bacon strips (1 cm wide).
- Take 3 of Spanish chorizos.
- Provide of Water.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Provide of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of ripe tomato.
Steps to make Lentils with chorizo:
- Peel and cut the leek, onion and carrots into very small pieces. Grate the garlic clove and the ginger. Poach it slowly in a pan with olive oil for around 10 minutes (if you are using red chili instead of aji, cut it in very small peaces and add it here!).
- After 10-12 minutes, add the bacon and tomato – peeled and cut into small pieces -, the ají (if you are using it dry), the bay leaves and salt. Let poach for 5 more minutes.
- Then add the paprika, and after a minute, not more (otherwise the paprika will get burnt), add the lentils – previously washed and drained. Add enough water, more than to cover the lentils, but not too much, so that they do not remain watery at the end (we can always correct if water evaporates!).
- When they get to boil, leave them over medium heat for around 20 minutes. Then, add the chorizo (I normally cut it into slices about 1.5 cm thick).
- Cook them for around 20-30 more minutes, until the lentils are soft, and add more water if needed. We normally serve it with some white rice. Enjoy them!!!.
You can reduce the amount or omit the pepper sauce if you don't like hot foods. It packs in so much flavour and this recipe is no exception. Two possibilities from France: a red from the Médoc, in Bordeaux, or a. This rustic lentil stew is quick to make in the pressure cooker and richly flavoured with Spanish chorizo. Two possibilities from France: a red from the Médoc, in Bordeaux, or a Châteauneuf-du-Pape from the southern Rhône.
If you find this Lentils with chorizo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.