Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Enchilada pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Enchilada pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Enchilada pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not operating as efficiently as they should. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models that are more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to run as often.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Largely, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to enchilada pie recipe. You can have enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Enchilada pie:
- You need 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Use 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Take 1 can of refried beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- Get 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- Take 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Steps to make Enchilada pie:
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
Give your midweek meal a Mexican twist with our easy enchilada pie. The flavors, the texture, the pure My vegetarian enchilada pie is perfect for those that love Mexican flavors, yet want to enjoy healthier. Easy pot pie recipe with Mexican appeal! Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chopped green chilies. I decided I didn't want to do the typical Frito chili pie, so I did a Enchilada version.
If you find this Enchilada pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.