Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ackee and salt fish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ackee and salt fish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Be sensible when you do your grocery shopping. Making good decisions when buying food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and eat something great. Your kitchen should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ackee and salt fish recipe. You can have ackee and salt fish using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ackee and salt fish:
- You need of ingredients.
- Take 1 can of ackee drained.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of boneless salt cod.
- Get 3 tbsp of oil.
- Use 2 of onions, sliced.
- Get 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 of scotch bonnet pepper skin finely chopped up.
- Get 1 of small tomato, chopped.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 1/2 of sweet pepper chopped.
- Take 1/8 tsp of black pepper:.
Instructions to make Ackee and salt fish:
- Soak the salt cod in a pot of water overnight to remove most of the salt. If the cod is still very salty, boil in water for 20 minutes. Drain cod and cut or break into small pieces.Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onions, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper, tomato, tomato paste and green peppers. Stir for a few minutes. Add the cod. Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the can of drained ackee. Do not stir because this will cause the ackees to break up. Cook for a few more minutes then sprinkle with black pepper.Best served with fried or cooked dumplings, or fried or cooked plantains, cooked yams and Jamaican sweet potatoes..
Jamaican Ackee and Saltfish – A quintessential Jamaican Breakfast made with ackee, salt fish, onions, tomatoes, red bell pepper, then infused with garlic, thyme, and hearty spices creating a tastebud sensation. Drain the fish, rinse under cool water. Ackee is a pear-shaped fruit that is found in warm climates. It's usually referred to as a breakfast food, but it'll honestly work anytime of day. Salt Fish and Ackee, or Ackee and Saltfish as some people say, can be eaten anytime, but it is very common to have it for Breakfast or Brunch.
If you find this Ackee and salt fish recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.