Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet potato Halwa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet potato Halwa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. If you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. You get the greatest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not that tough. Mostly, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato halwa recipe. You can cook sweet potato halwa using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet potato Halwa:
- Get 1 kg of sweet potato.
- Provide 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios).
- Prepare 6-8 of saffron strands.
Instructions to make Sweet potato Halwa:
- Firstly, pressure cook the sweet potato for 1 or 2 whistles. Let them cool down completely..
- Peel and mash the boiled sweetpotato..
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan on low medium heat. Once heated add in the mashed sweet potato..
- Saute for atleast 5-8 minutes or till it starts changing the colour..
- Now add in the milk, saffron and sugar. Mix well and cook on low flame till the milk absorbed completely. Keep stirring continuously..
- Add leftover ghee, cardamom powder and nuts. Mix and saute for just one more minute and it's done..
- Garnish with some more nuts and serve hot..
Sweet potato halwa recipe with step by step pictures. Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women Sweet potato halwa or shakarkandi halwa. This is a very undemanding, easy and gluten-free I wasn't very fond of Indian sweets when I was little. A perfect dessert for any party. Sweet Potato Halwa, or Shakarkandi Halwa, is one of our most favourite healthy yet yummy dessert fixes.
If you find this Sweet potato Halwa recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.