Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Café-style Tomato Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Café-style Tomato Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Café-style Tomato Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Cash.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many individuals wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. Particularly if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to café-style tomato curry recipe. To cook café-style tomato curry you only need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Café-style Tomato Curry:
- Take 70 of to 100 grams Commercial curry roux (your usual favorite).
- Get 1 of Meat or seafood of your choice.
- Use 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Use 1/2 can of Canned tomatoes (diced preferred).
- Get 1 of Extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- Take 1 of A. Salt.
- You need 1 of A. Pepper.
- Take 1 of B. Garam masala.
- Use 1 of B. Cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Instant coffee.
Steps to make Café-style Tomato Curry:
- Make caramelized onions following. You can make time consuming caramelized onions in just 15 minutes without fail. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143607-oil-free-easy-and-timesaving-caramelized-onions.
- I normally use caramelized onions that I've made a big batch of and stocked in the freezer. If making your own caramelized onions is too much work, use about 80 g of premade caramelized onions..
- Chop the garlic finely. Cut up the meat or seafood of your choice into easy to eat pieces. I used 200 g of ground beef this time..
- Put the extra virgin olive oil and chopped garlic into a cold pan or frying pan. Cook over low heat to bring out the fragrance of the garlic..
- When the Step 4 pan starts smelling like garlic, add the meat or seafood and the A. flavoring ingredients, and sauté..
- If you are using ground beef or mixed ground beef and pork, add the B. ingredients when you sauté the meat. This brings out their fragrance more. I add more spices at the end too..
- When the meat or seafood is cooked, add the canned tomatoes liquid and all. Add the A. ingredients. Simmer over medium heat while crushing the tomatoes..
- Add the amount of water indicated on the curry roux box and the caramelized onions from Step 1..
- Turn the heat up to high to bring the sauce to a boil, then turn the heat down to about low-medium. Simmer in the way you would simmer regular curry. * Skim off the scum occasionally..
- After simmering the sauce, add the curry roux and instant coffee granules. Simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes over low heat..
- Add some of the B. spices to the pan to taste. Mix and turn off the heat. The tomato curry is done. It's best eaten the next day..
- I add quite a bit of the B. spices. These spices and the caramelized onions are important!!!.
- Serve on a plate ladled over rice ^^ I sprinkle on some parsley. The sourness of tomato curry is quite addictive..
- The amount of curry roux to use will depend on your taste, but if you're serving the curry right away I recommend using more; if you're having it the next day, use 70 g..
If you find this Café-style Tomato Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.