Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Pick water over other drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. Drinking water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to resort to terrible tasting diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat healthy clam chowder recipe. You can have low fat healthy clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- Use 1 can of chopped clams (approximately 6.5 ounces).
- Use 1 of parsnip.
- Take 1 of medium potato or 2 small potatoes.
- Use 1 of small carrot.
- Provide 1/2 stalk of celery.
- Take 1/2 of bell pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 of a bay leaf.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Get .25 cups of unsweetened soy milk or nonfat milk.
- Use of Fresh curly parsley to garnish.
- Get of Sourdough bread.
Instructions to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- Wash, peel and chop the parsnip. Place in a pot with water and boil until soft..
- Purée the parsnips with an immersion blender and pour back into the pan..
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots. Wash and chop the potatoes. Add to the pan along with salt, herbs and spices. Open and drain liquid from clams into a bowl. Add to pot..
- Turn stove on medium low and simmer for about 5 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are a little soft. Stir frequently..
- When the carrots and potatoes are about half cooked, add chopped celery and peppers. Cook until all veggies are soft. Remove pan from heat and add soy milk and clams..
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, serve with crusty sourdough bread and enjoy..
Healthy and delicious vegan recipes using no salt, sugar or oil. Nutritional information, Weight Watcher points and photograph included. Dairy-free and low-calorie New England-style clam chowder. This thick and creamy chowder is lighter and healthier than most traditional clam chowders. I used nonfat powdered milk as the base and did not add any cream or bacon so there is still a lot of protein and.
If you find this Low fat healthy clam chowder recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.