Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Turkey Pilaf recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. Maybe the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, after all. Typically, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey pilaf recipe. You can have turkey pilaf using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey Pilaf:
- Use 500 g of cooked turkey, diced.
- Get 3 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced (optional).
- You need 250 g of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 2 of peppers, green, red or mixed,deseeded and sliced.
- Provide 2 of sticks, celery, sliced.
- Prepare 250 g of unsmoked bacon, diced.
- Get 400 g of long-grain rice.
- Get of Large knob butter.
- Get 1 litre of turkey or chicken stock.
- Provide 375 ml of dry white wine.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Use of Salt.
- Prepare 1-2 of tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- Use of Small bunch coriander, chopped leaves only.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sumac.
Steps to make Turkey Pilaf:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or electric equivalent. My Neff Circotherm setting is 150C..
- Melt the butter in casserole and gently fry the onions, without stirring unless sticking, for 3 minutes..
- Add the garlic and stir and continue gently frying until both onions and garlic are tender, say another 2 minutes..
- Add the celery (and optional leek if wished), stir and fry for one further minute..
- Add the bacon, stir and continue gently frying for another 3 minutes..
- Add the turkey, peppers, mushrooms, rice, sumac and seasoning and stir thoroughly..
- Pour in the wine and stock and bring it all to the boil, occasionally stirring gently..
- Cover and transfer to the pre-heated oven and cook until the liquids are absorbed and the rice is sufficiently (but not over-!) cooked. This should take 35-40 minutes..
- It’s worth checking after about 25 minutes to ensure that the dish doesn’t “run dry” before the rice is cooked. This very rarely happens but a splash or two of water can be added if necessary. The aim is to have a moist but definitely not “wet” end-product: I.e., nice, tender and fluffy cooked rice..
- Either serve directly from the casserole or turn on to a warmed serving dish. Whichever you choose, garnish with tomato wedges, then sprinkle on the chopped coriander leaves and serve on hot plates..
If you find this Turkey Pilaf recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.