Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These types of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of electrical power is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. The proper temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to go as often.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun-style smoked turkey recipe. You can cook cajun-style smoked turkey using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey:
- Provide 8 1/2 lb of Whole Turkey Breast.
- Take 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Take 3 tbsp of Paprika.
- Use 2 tbsp of Ground Red Pepper.
- Take 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
Steps to make Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey:
- Clean turkey and coat with EVOO. Rub liberally above and beneath skin with spices to coat. Allow to sit for 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Fill bottom of stovetop smoker with 1 cup of apple wood chips. Place rubbed turkey on small baking rack over wood chips. Cover smoker tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil..
- Place smoker on stove over medium heat for 15-20 minutes..
- Remove smoker from stove and place directly into oven. Bake at 325°F for 4.5 hours. Remove foil cover and bake uncovered for additional 1 hour..
- When cooked through, remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving..
If you find this Cajun-Style Smoked Turkey recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.