Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Perhaps the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is specifically economical when it’s full before a cycle is started. Conserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not that tough. Mostly, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's extra spicy red beans and rice recipe. To cook mike's extra spicy red beans and rice you only need 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- Get of RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS.
- Take 3 lb of Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage.
- Provide 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- You need 3 large of Chopped Onions.
- Prepare 3 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 2 large of Yellow Bell Peppers.
- Get 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- Take 8 large of Stalks Celery With Leaves.
- You need 1 of Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic.
- Provide 4 can of Drained Red Beans.
- You need 3 can of Drained Pinto Beans.
- Get 1 can of 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Take 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of Dried Cilantro.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Sage.
- Take 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Get 6 small of Drops Liquid Smoke.
- Provide 1 large of 12 oz Bottle Tabasco.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for].
- You need 4 cup of White Rice.
- Get 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
Instructions to make Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot..
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot..
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans..
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes..
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat..
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently..
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!.
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick..
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up..
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish..
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco..
Red beans and Rice is Louisiana comfort food and a treasured Monday tradition. Red beans & rice is a traditional Creole dish made with red beans, veggies, and, often, leftover pork bones. How the locals eat red beans and rice. If you want to keep it vegetarian My husband requested red beans and rice last night. Of the two, the Red Beans are the most like the Camilla brand red beans that are used to make Louisiana red beans and rice, and they're what I.
If you find this Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.