Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Pain Perdu (French Toast) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pain Perdu (French Toast) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pain Perdu (French Toast) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Water is the best drinks out there. Having a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. When you choose water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water intake.
There are a whole lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about slimming down. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pain perdu (french toast) recipe. You can cook pain perdu (french toast) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pain Perdu (French Toast):
- Get 2 slice of Bread.
- Use 2 tbsp of Butter or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Use 1 pinch of Ground Nutmeg.
- Get 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Use 1/2 cup of Milk.
Instructions to make Pain Perdu (French Toast):
- Cut each slice of bread in half and place them in a plate.
- In a bowl, add the egg, the milk, the sugar and the nutmeg and mix them together with a fork. You will get a mixture that will look like the one in the picture below. The color of your mixture might be a little bit different from mine because I use nestle milk. I like to use this milk because I think I taste better. The picture of the milk that I used is below. However, you are free to use any milk you want.
- Pour all mixture over the bread and wait for about 1-2 minutes..
- While you wait for the bread to be soaked. Put a pan on the stove on HI and add the butter or the vegetable oil. Wait 1 minute and add the bread. Once you've added the bread reduce the oven to MED.
- Return the bread as soon as one side turn gold. Et voila it's ready! Hope you will enjoy.
The name pain perdu literally means lost bread and is used in reference to using day-old bread that would otherwise be lost. Wentelteefjes, Pain Perdu, French toast, all names for a dish that is eaten all over the world. In essence, it's bread, often slightly stale, soaked in a mixture of milk and eggs then fried before being topped with something sweet. Originally from New Orleans, pain perdu is made using thick slices of French bread soaked in a sweet custard batter. I mention this because this morning, my flatmate and I weren't going to have anything fancy for breakfast.
If you find this Pain Perdu (French Toast) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.