Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hawaiian slow cooked chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hawaiian slow cooked chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hawaiian slow cooked chicken recipe. You can cook hawaiian slow cooked chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hawaiian slow cooked chicken:
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained; set aside pineapple chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup (can use tomato paste instead).
- Use 1/3 cup of low-sodium soy sauce.
- Provide 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Use 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar.
- Use 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Asian chili-garlic sauce or any chilli sauce.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced.
- Get 2 teaspoons of ground ginger or for fresh is better.
- Use 1/2 of salt or to taste.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1.75-2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces but you can also use chicken thighs as a replacement.
- Provide 1/3 cup of cornstarch to coat the chicken.
- Get 3 tablespoons of fresh coriande leaves chopped for garnishing.
- Get 3 tablespoons of green onions, sliced into thin rounds.
Instructions to make Hawaiian slow cooked chicken:
- First, you will make the sauce: In a bowl, add pineapple juice from the can without the chunks (set aside for late), ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, chilli-garlic sauce(or any other chilli sauce), garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine. Set the sauce aside for now..
- Drizzle olive oil over the bottom of the slow cooker or if you don’t have one, you can use a cast-iron dish with a lid and set aside..
- Put the chicken and the corn starch into a large plastic bag, seal it and toss around until the chicken is evenly coated. Evenly distribute the chicken to a slow cooker/pan. And add the pineapple chunks over the chicken..
- Now, pour the sauce that you prepared earlier all over the chicken, use a spoon if necessary. Make sure it’s all covered..
- If using a Slow Cook, cover and cook for about 1 hour and 40 minutes in high or on low for 4 hours. If cooking on high, check at 90 minutes, and if cooking on low, checking at 3 hours. Because slow cookers are different from each the time may vary, just check the chicken if it’s cooked. If using a cast-iron pan, place in the oven for 3 hours at 120°C..
- Serve with white rice and garnish with some chopped coriander. Enjoy!.
With BBQ sauce, pineapple and bacon, it can't be bad! In the summertime, I like to make Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken by marinating the chicken in the Shoyu sauce all day and grill on the barbecue. Just chicken, pineapple, barbeque sauce, soy sauce, and a slow cooker combine for this delicious chicken dish that will leave your kitchen smelling great. This sweet n sticky slow cooker Hawaiian chicken is a delicious dish that goes great on a bed of rice. Return chicken to slow cooker (or the mixing bowl) and pour sauce over chicken, toss to evenly coat.
If you find this Hawaiian slow cooked chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.