Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Flatbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Flatbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. Making good decisions when shopping for food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and cook what you have on hand. Fill your cabinets with nutritious foods. This way—even if you choose something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pol roti / sri lankan flatbread recipe. To cook pol roti / sri lankan flatbread you need 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Flatbread:
- Use 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated fresh coconut.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or as per taste.
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
Steps to make Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Flatbread:
- In a mixing bowl add the seived flour, grated coconut, salt and mix them well together..
- Add water little at a time and Knead it to make a smooth dough..
- Cover the dough in a kitchen towel and set aside for few mins. You can opt this step if you are in a rush..
- Divide the dough into medium size and roll them into balls..
- Take the balls and slightly flatten them. Dust the balls with flour and roll them into medium thickness roti with a help of rolling pin..
- Heat a tawa preferably iron cast. Grease the tawa with few drops of oil and cook the roti for about 2 mins on low heat or until you see golden brown spots..
- Drizzle one or two drops of oil, flip over and cook for 1-2 mins and remove them..
- Serve the roti with pol sambol or curry of your choice..
Pol Roti is a very popular Sri Lankan coconut flatbread made of all purpose flour, grated coconut and salt. Each kottu is prepared individually on a hot griddle. Roti is a West Indian-style grilled flatbread that is popular in Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana. Pol Roti, or coconut flat bread is a very popular breakfast food in Srilanka. We love to eat this roti with some Lunu Miris (a sort of a chilli and onion based chutney) and a dhal or meat curry (or both).
If you find this Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Flatbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.