Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Filipino Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Filipino Adobo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not working as efficiently as they should. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions which might be more than ten years old. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less frequently, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy filipino adobo recipe. You can cook easy filipino adobo using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Filipino Adobo:
- You need 1 kg of mixed chicken parts, pork or pork ribs (pre-boiled or pre-softened in a pressure cooker).
- You need 1 cup or can of Sprite or 7UP.
- Take 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Use 1 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Provide 5-10 pieces of laurel leaf.
- You need to taste of coarsely ground black pepper.
- Use 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Take of cooking oil.
- Get of Feta cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Easy Filipino Adobo:
- Marinate the meat, Sprite, soy sauce, vinegar, 3-4 pieces of laurel leaf, and half clove garlic in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Overnight marinade would be better..
- Put oil in a pan and sauté half clove garlic but do not toast..
- Using a tong or a ladle with strainer, stir in the meat and wait for it to absorb the garlicky flavor, and let the natural oil of the meat ooze out..
- Once oil of the meat has naturally come out, stir in the marinade mixture. If more sauce is preferred, mix in equal parts of vinegar and soy sauce..
- Mix in sugar, pepper, and laurel leaves, and let everything simmer until meat becomes tender..
- Adjust taste with more sugar, pepper, or soy sauce according to the level of sweetness, spice, or saltiness preferred..
- If you like to enjoy a twist to this traditional Filipino dish, put in about two handfuls of feta cheese cubes on the last five minutes of cooking. The taste of feta balances the tangy taste of the adobo..
Filipino adobo (from Spanish "adobar") is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Filipino cuisine that involves meat, seafood or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and black peppercorns, which is browned in oil and simmered in the marinade. A nice variation is also adding a little ground ginger. Additionally, bay leaf, black pepper, and garlic are used as the pillars of adobo. It uses extremely simple ingredients, is easy to make and tastes exquisite! Cooking Notes: Traditionally, the adobo sauce is made from a blend of soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar, and after simmering the meat in the sauce, all you need to do is add your garlic, peppercorn and bay leaves.
If you find this Easy Filipino Adobo recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.