Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Nepali style Aloo Dum with Chiwda /Poha/ Flattened rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nepali style Aloo Dum with Chiwda /Poha/ Flattened rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart decisions when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home quickly and eat something great. Make sure that what you have at home is healthy. This way—even if you choose something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nepali style aloo dum with chiwda /poha/ flattened rice recipe. To cook nepali style aloo dum with chiwda /poha/ flattened rice you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nepali style Aloo Dum with Chiwda /Poha/ Flattened rice:
- Use of small size/ new baby potatoes.
- Provide of White Sesame seeds.
- You need of Poppy seeds (optional).
- Get of Whole dry chilli or 1&1/2 tsp Kashmiri Lal mirch powder*.
- Use of onion.
- Take of tomato.
- Take of Garlic.
- Use of mustard oil.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- You need of as per taste Salt.
- Provide of as required water.
- You need of Paanch Foran * or simply you can use Kalonji only.
- Get of Recipe for Paanch Foran/ 5 spice mix is given below.
- Use of Nigella seeds/ Kalonji/ kalo jeera.
- Prepare of Carom seeds /Ajwain.
- Prepare of Fenugreek seeds / Methi ke daane.
- Prepare of Black Mustard/ Kala Sarso.
- Prepare of Fennel seeds/ saumph ke daane.
Steps to make Nepali style Aloo Dum with Chiwda /Poha/ Flattened rice:
- Boil, cool and peel the potatoes, small potatoes get cooked in half an hour in a covered pot..
- Soak the red whole dry Chillies in warm water for at least an hour so that it's easy to grind and make a paste. Dry roast the sesame and poppy seeds, it will hardly take time, just a minute or so (do not over roast it and burn it, otherwise it will become bitter)..
- Once the roasted sesame and poppy seeds cools, grind it dry in the mixer grinder or mortar pestle into a fine powder. Peel and make a paste of the garlic, onion,make a paste of the soaked Chillies and puree of the tomatoes separately in the mixer grinder one by one..
- Now heat a kadai, add mustard oil, once it's heated, add the Paanch Foran or Kalonji, once it crackles, add the garlic paste and saute for few seconds, then add the onion paste and saute it for about 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes and saute it for another 10 minutes or so..
- In between after adding the Tomato puree add salt as per taste, chili paste, Turmeric powder. As you saute it, if required add little warm water do that it doesn't burn, cook till the raw flavour of the onion and tomato goes off..
- After this add the Sesame poppy seeds powder and little warm water (may be 1/4 to 1/2 cup) and cook and saute for about 3 minutes..
- Add in the boiled and peeled potatoes and mix it gently so that the potatoes don't break. If required add warm water maybe about 1/2 cup and cook the potatoes in the gravy for another 5 minutes or so. Check the salt, add if required. You can add a little more water depending on the consistency of the gravy you prefer. But we make it a little dry kind so that the gravy is stuck to the potatoes and not a runny kind..
- Serve it with chiwda /poha along with chopped onion,green/ red raw Chillies, coriander leaves, lemon wedge and a cup of hot tea. It goes well with Luchi – Bengali style Puri (another favourite combo…recipe link is given below) and Sel Roti- the traditional Nepali roti made of rice flour (shaped like a ring and is lightly sweetened). Bon Appetit!!! (see recipe).
The origins of this recipe is from the hill station of Darjeeling which is famous for this dish. These fritters are also great with a cup of masala chai. Serve it hot with your choice of Bread or Rice. Cooking Tips by Debjani: Panch Phoron: a mixture of Fennel Seed, Mustard Seed, Cumin Seed, Fenugreek Seed and Nigella Seed. It is my favourite. dum aloo.
If you find this Nepali style Aloo Dum with Chiwda /Poha/ Flattened rice recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.