Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Turnip Potage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turnip Potage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the actual light bulbs. This will go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Together with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house also. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and discover how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty straightforward to live green, of course. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turnip potage recipe. You can have turnip potage using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Turnip Potage:
- Get 300 g of turnips.
- Use 100 g of red turnips.
- Prepare 20 g of turnip greens (optional).
- Provide 1 of potato.
- You need 400 ml of water.
- Take 200 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of parsley.
Instructions to make Turnip Potage:
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces. Chop the turnip greens. Put 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a pot with all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- When all vegetables have become nicely browned and cooked through add 2 cups of water and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat with the lid on. Take care not to boil off the water in the soup, reduce to low heat if necessary. Once cooked, turn off the heat and let cool for a while..
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend for about 30 second until the soup is smooth in texture..
- Put a sieve on the pot and pour in the soup to strain it. Use a wooden spatula to help push through the seive..
- Turn on the heat to low. Add a cup of milk and slowly mix into the soup, but take care not to boil! Season with salt as needed and it's ready to serve. If desired, garnish with parsley..
This plant is grown in temperate climates worldwide for. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Put turnips into a pot with enough water to cover them. See great recipes for Turnip & maple potage (vegan), Turnip Potage too! Our goal is to deliver delicious meals in a sustainable way, using the finest seasonal ingredients from British suppliers so even when you don't have the time to cook, you can still eat nourishing, home quality cooked food.
If you find this Turnip Potage recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.