Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Perhaps the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is definitely not true. A dishwasher is especially economical when it’s full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty straightforward to live green, of course. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oven-roasted gnocchi with asparagus and leek recipe. To make oven-roasted gnocchi with asparagus and leek you only need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek:
- Take 500 gr of potato gnocchi (thawed, if frozen) (1lb).
- Prepare 500 gr of asparagus (1lb).
- Provide 1 of large leek, only use the white part.
- Take 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 cup of frozen vegetables (we used peas, but you can use spinach, broccoli, etc.), optional.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of softened butter, unsalted.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek:
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). In a large bowl, toss the gnocchi with half the oil until coated. Spread out evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the butter..
- Wash the asparagus and trim the woody part at the bottom, cut into thirds..
- Cut the white part of the leek lengthwise and then slice into thin half moons..
- Peel the shallot and slice thinly..
- Add asparagus, leek, shallot, and the frozen vegetables (if using) to the same bowl and toss with the remaining half of the oil, until coated. Then spread evenly on a different baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and the rest of the butter..
- Place both trays in the oven (if placing on different levels, put the gnocchi on the lower, the greens on the higher level) and bake for 20 minutes..
- Five minutes into the baking, gently stir the gnocchi to distribute the butter. Do the same with the vegetables. This should be repeated every five minutes for the vegetables ONLY..
- Once the 20 minutes are over, take both trays out of the oven, add the gnocchi to the vegetables, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and toss to mix..
- Serve with additional parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!.
Toss with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, and salt. They caramelize beautifully while roasting adding another layer of flavor. Asparagus or sliced cremini mushrooms are fun, just add them halfway through the cooking time since they don't need as long in the toaster oven. Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Bacon, Garlic, and Asiago cheese – perfect appetizer for all kinds of meat and fish. This oven roasted asparagus recipe as part of a Canada Day Entertaining Guide.
If you find this Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.