Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Greek Apple Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Apple Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good a place to begin with as any. Do this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent style, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently come across members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Mostly, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to greek apple salad recipe. To cook greek apple salad you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Greek Apple Salad:
- Prepare of apple.
- You need of crushed almonds (unsalted).
- You need of greek yogurt.
- Provide of light mayo.
- Prepare of chicken breasts.
- Provide of ground black pepper.
- Get of salt.
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of onions chopped.
- Prepare of lettuce chopped / shredded.
Steps to make Greek Apple Salad:
- Cut apples into cubes or small pieces. Chop onions, crush almonds or get the crushed ones. Cut lettuce into strips or shred it into small pieces. Just an fyi.. I liked it better to crush the almonds myself so i can make the chunks a little bigger..
- While you are chopping, you can place the apples in water so it will not discolor while prepping the rest of the ingredients..
- Steam the chicken breasts until tender. Once thats done, shred the chicken breasts until threadlike and set aside..
- Mix the everything in a bowl and add pepper and salt to taste. Add the greek yogurt and mayo into the bowl and mix..
- You can adjust the the greek yogurt and mayo depending on the amount you are making. I ended up using 2 cups of yogurt and added tablespoons of mayo while mixing it just to make it more creamy..
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Adjust as you wish. I added more pepper to give it bite..
- Oh yeah amd finish of with parsely. Just add and mix it. Serve room temperature or cold. This salad is so good! Worth the chopping! Lol.
If you find this Greek Apple Salad recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.