Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These types of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
Probably the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Perhaps the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite straightforward to live green, all things considered. It’s related to being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun red beans and rice recipe. You can have cajun red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Take 400 g of red beans.
- You need 1/2 kg of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds.
- You need 6 strips of bacon.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground sage.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Provide 1/4 cup of vinegar (apple cider or red wine).
Instructions to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Soak the beans overnight in water..
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute..
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice..
If you find this Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.