Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A massive amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to work less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. Typically, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simply spicy shrimp n grits recipe. You can cook simply spicy shrimp n grits using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits:
- Get of small onion sliced thin.
- Provide of cleaned and deveined large shrimp.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Provide of black pepper.
- Prepare of old bey seasoning or old bey with garlic.
- Use of crushed garlic.
- Use of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need of old fashioned grits.
- Get of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of salt.
- Provide of butter.
- Provide of cream of chicken soup.
- You need of green onion/scallions.
- Use of garlic powder.
Steps to make Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits:
- First cook about 1 and 1/2 cups of old fashioned grits. Follow package directions. I added cheddar cheese to your liking..
- While grits are cooking I seasoned my shrimp. Put them in a bowl with olive oil to coat. Then add black pepper, cayenne pepper, old bay, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. I eyeball the seasoning meaning a few dashes of everything..
- After seasoning my shrimp I cut a half of small white onion into slithers and chop up about 4 scallions..
- Heat a cast iron skillet and put enough olive oil in to coat the bottom then add a half stick of butter. Sautee onions and scallions on med heat until slightly softer. Salt n pepper them and put your shrimp in the pan after. Then add about 2 table spoons of cream of chicken soup which is salty so don't add any more salt. Add a spoon full of crushed garlic and u can add more cayenne and red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want it. Lower heat, add another half of stick of butter and cover for 5ins..
- Once your shrimp have formed a C shape they are cooked. Your sauce should be thick and spicy. Serve your grits on a plate then spoon your shrimp n sauce over and enjoy.
Shrimp is sauteed with peppers and sweet onion, and served over a pile of hot cheese grits. Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits instructions. I added cheddar cheese to your liking. This Shrimp and Grits Recipe is easy and so comforting! Cooking shrimp and grits is easy- just cook the grits and add some cheese.
If you find this Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.