Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Cajun pork and lentils recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cajun pork and lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun pork and lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and maybe this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is particularly economical when it’s full before a cycle is going. Preserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s concerning being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun pork and lentils recipe. You can have cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cajun pork and lentils:
- Provide 1 lb. of lentils.
- Take 2 lb. of pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces.
- Use 1/4 cup of pork fat.
- Take of jon cajun seasoning.
- Use 3 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Use 2 tsp. of paprika powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 tsp. of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp. of dry oregano leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Mexican chili powder.
- Get of other ingredients.
- Provide 2/3 cup of diced onions.
- Use 2/3 cup of diced red peppers.
- Take 2/3 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- Get 2/3 cup of diced celery.
- Provide 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce.
- Use 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- Get 1 of diced potato.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 1/2 qt. of + 1 cup. water.
- Get 1 tsp. of salt.
Steps to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes..
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot..
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs..
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft..
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top..
It only takes a few minutes and a few simple seasonings to prepare the peanuts. Brining is like marinating meat in that it helps keep meat moist and. The lentil (Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta) is an edible legume. I don't cook with lentils often, but I do love them, especially lentil soup. Three ingredients take you deep into Cajun country.
If you find this Cajun pork and lentils recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.