Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. Making good decisions when shopping for food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and cook what you have in the cupboards. Your house should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you pick out something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fried / jollof basmati rice recipe. To make fried / jollof basmati rice you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Get 4 of cigar cups basmati rice.
- Provide 350 mls of tomatoes stew.
- You need 1/2 of whole chicken.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme, 2 teaspoons curry.
- Provide to taste of Onion, knorr cubes, salt.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn).
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped spring onion (optional).
- Get 1 1/2 cups of precooked shrimps.
Instructions to make Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Pour the chicken stock and the tomato stew into a sizeable pot. If the mixture is too thick, add a very small quantity of water. Add pepper (pound or blend it first) and curry powder. Stir very well, cover the pot and cook till it boils..
- Add the drained 2 cups of basmati rice, stir and make sure the liquid in the pot is at the same level as the rice. Cover the pot and cook on low to medium heat till all the water dries up. When you taste the rice, you will notice that it is still raw and hard to the bite. Please do NOT add more water to it..
- Stir the rice with a wooden spoon. You can add more tomato stew before stirring if you think it is not red enough..
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot with aluminium foil followed by the pot cover. Make it as airtight as possible so that no heat escapes. Leave it like that for 5 to 7 minutes, at most, 10 minutes. After that, open the pot, stir and you will notice that the rice is now well done, not soggy, has loose grains and it is tasty..
- For Basmati fried rice: 2 cups basmati rice (washed) Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir. Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil..
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (2.5-3), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly. Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes Serve and Enjoy!.
So Basmati is a cultivar of rice, but not all rice cultivars are Basmati. This Party Jollof rice is quite easy to prepare and if you follow the basic recipe and the steps on this page , you can never go wrong. I have received lots of requests LOL Basmati rice is simply too soft for one-pot rice recipes – these are recipes where you cook the rice and ingredients in one pot: Jollof Rice, Fried. Certain cultivars – such as japonica, indica and tropical japonica – have different varieties. Jollof rice – A colorful and fragrant popular dish in West Africa.
If you find this Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.